So what does one do when you have lots of veggies at home and spare tart shells?
Tarts are always associated with desserts. How about giving them a spicy twist?
What you need?
- 10-12 tart shells ( readymade or home baked)
- 2 Red bell peppers (finely chopped)
- 2 Yellow bell peppers( finely chopped)
- 2 Spring onions ( with greens) Finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 6-7 Button mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 8-10 Black olives for garnishing
- A dash of Mayo for garnishing
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Some oregano
- Some red chilly flakes.
- Tobasco (optional)
What you need to do:
- Get all your finely chopped veggies and sauté them in 1 tease spoon olive oil in a wok.
- Do Not over cook them, the veggies would taste best if crunchy.
- Add some oregano, tobasco, salt ,pepper and chilly flakes and toss well.
- Once this is done, fill in the tart shells with the mixture.
- garnish each tart shell with black olives and a tiny speck of mayo.
- Fushion Tarts are ready!
Tip: If you want them with a sweet and tangy flavor, you can add finely chopped cranberries in the veggie mixture!
Bon Appetit! 🙂