So ladies and gentlemen, on days when you crave for a Subway sandwich, this recipe is just for those kind of days.
No it isn’t elaborate. 10 minutes and you serve your tastebuds a lip smacking sandwich!
What you will need?
- 1 bowlful of fresh cottage cheese cubes
- 1 Red bell pepper chopped in cubes
- 1 Yellow bell pepper chopped in cubes
- 1 tease spoon garlic Finely chopped
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- Romaine lettuce for the base
- 1 wholewheat sub roll
- Mayo for garnish
- Oregano for garnish
- Pepper and Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- Heat oil in a wok
- Add the spring onions and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes
- Add the bell peppers and stir fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add the cottage cheese (Paneer) cubes [ You can separately roast them a little, on a non stick pan,before adding them to the wok, so they are a little brown and don’t break while stir frying]
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste
- Add a dash of tomato ketchup to make it tangy.
- The mixture is now ready!
- Cut the whole wheat sub roll into half , horizontally and neatly.
- On the bottom half, spread one leaf of romaine lettuce and add the mixture on top of the lettuce.
- Repeat for the other half
- Garnish with oregano and mayo
Your No stress Open face Paneer Pepper sandwich is ready!!
Note: You can add chill flakes to make it spicy, Olives (if you like them) and parsley if you want a pesto flavor.
I use Romaine Lettuce because it is far more crunchier than the Iceberg.
To make it a lot more high on the calories, shred some parmesan cheese as well 🙂
Happy Hogging! 🙂